Traditional Dutch Christmas Stollen
A simple to make traditional Dutch Christmas stollen with almond is perfect for Christmas morning tea or breakfast on Christmas day. It can be a great raisin bread recipe for all year round, enjoy!
- 150 grams raisins and/or cranberries
- 3 ½ grams of Dr. Oetker Instant Yeast
- 130 ml room temperature milk
- 275 grams flour
- 40 grams sugar
- pinch of gwoon Cinnamon Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- Zest from 1 orange
- 60 grams Somerdale Pure English Butter Salted
- 50 grams garnished almonds
- 150 grams almond paste
- Icing sugar for sprinkling
Requires: Mixer with dough hooks
- Soak the raisins in water for 10 minutes.
- Mix the milk with the yeast.
- Mix the flour with the yeast mixture, sugar, cinnamon, salt and half of the beaten egg and half of the orange zest with a mixer with dough hooks.
- Mix in 40 grams of butter in small cubes.
- Chop the almonds.
- Drain the raisins from the water. Make sure they are well-drained.
- Knead the raisins into the dough with the almonds and try to make them evenly distributed in the dough.
- Let stand covered for half an hour and the dough will rise in temperatures of 25 to 30 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the almond paste with ¼ of a beaten egg and the other half of the orange zest and knead into a roll.
- Roll the dough into an oval (be sure to dust rolling surface).
- Place the roll of almond paste mix onto one half of the dough and fold in half.
- Press the dough together well and shape your dough into a stollen.
- Place the stollen on a lined baking tray.
- Cover the stollen.
- Leave the stollen for 30 minutes to rise.
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- Brush the curd with the remaining ¼ egg.
- Bake the stollen on the middle rack of the oven for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Melt 20 grams of butter and brush onto the stollen (wait for the butter to soak in to the stollen).
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
NOTE: Keep your homemade Traditional Dutch Christmas Stollen for up to 5 days.
Best Selling Products