Low Sugar Healthy Dutch Gingerbread
Easy to make and low in calories this Dutch gingerbread makes a great healthy snack or treat. It tastes divine with a thin slice of cold butter it adds just the right flavour to the gingerbread, enjoy!
- 120 grams dates
- 250 gr whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of Dr. Oetker Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon gingerbread spices
- 1 teaspoon of gwoon Cinnamon Powder
- A pinch of salt
- 200 ml milk (semi-skimmed or vegetable)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of 100% apple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Dr. Oetker Vanilla Essence
- 1 tablespoon of almond flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove seed from dates and in a bowl.
- Soak dates in hot water for about 5 minutes.
- Using a large bowl mix the wholemeal flour with the baking powder, gingerbread spices, cinnamon, and salt.
- Drain the water from the dates.
- Put the dates milk, eggs, apple syrup and vanilla extract in a blender.
- After the mixture is well blended add to the bowl of flour.
- Whisk to a batter.
- Pour the batter into a paper lined baking dish.
- Sprinkle almond flakes over the batter.
- Bake in oven for roughly 30 minutes.
- Use a skewer to check if your gingerbread has baked to completion.